I jumped ahead momentarily a lesson, so I still need to do Thing 5 on Photo Sharing. This Twitter lesson was interesting to learn! For now I am more comfortable with just reading rather than tweeting, but in time a person could really build up some great networking contacts in our professional world. (Not to mention the entertainment side for those who like to sit at a PC.) From the educators standpoint, certainly it would be another source of info available at your fingertips as long as students were directed to reputable research.
I found the search very clumsy in trying to even find the Dept. of Ed. if I hadn't had Lisa's "usedgov" clue. My twitter address is http://twitter.com/coewille. For now I am following the US Dept. of Ed, Steven Covey, WebMD, and Dr. Oz.
I am behind in lesson and catching up so this may be discussed later but when I signed up for a twitter account it was kind of creepy since within 15 minutes I had 5-6 people "following me" and believe me I am not that interesting to follow. I am glad to hear that one can follow and not be followed. Maybe I will make a better digital stalker than stalkee.
ReplyDelete