Thursday, July 29, 2010

Thing 9 - LibraryThing


This topic was again fun to learn. I did feel it was a bit clumsy navigating through the first few times. (My account in LibraryThing is "twille.") In the past few years I have become an avid reader but with a different twist than most. I find an author with a series and read the whole "adventure" before I move on to another author. For example now I am on to crime investigation fiction books that have a central investigator who is part of every book (John Sandford has Lucus Davenport, Jeff Deaver has Lincoln Rhyme, and Robert Crais has Elvis Cole and Joe Pike.) However if I jumped authors frequently, I would definitely want to keep track of what I've read. I do like that once you start your library, it gives you recommendations on other authors!

As far as educational use, teachers could have students log their required readings. Or professors could share important resources across their field. Again, a fun concept to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers